Following the main conference, you will have the opportunity to take part in a one, two or four-day themed learning journey to see community development in action in the east coast of Scotland. This will enable a deeper understanding of the context and practice of community development in rural and urban settings in Dundee and neighbouring areas.
Choose from six incredible learning journeys over 27th and 28th June in glorious Dundee and Fife. Join us in stunning Highland Perthshire for a 2.5 day exploration of community arts and find out about Scotland’s unique new community empowerment powers in action.
Throughout the learning journeys we’ll be reflecting on the conference theme of People, Place and Power with local community development activists and practitioners.
Thursday 27th June 2019: 1 DAY (£35 + booking fee)*Practice Exchange 1: DUNDEE: 9.30am – 4.30pm: Sharing Power, Fighting for Fairness
*Practice Exchange 3: WEST FIFE: 9.30am-5.00pm: Environmental Regeneration, Community Action
Friday 28th June 2019: 1 DAY (£35 + booking fee)*Practice Exchange 4: DUNDEE: 9.30am-3.30pm: Youth Leading, Community Growing
*Practice Exchange 6: NORTH FIFE: 9.30am-3.30pm: Environment, Health and Social Enterprise
Friday 28th June (4.00pm) – Sunday 30th June 2019 (6.00pm): 2.5 DAYS (£375 + booking fee)+ Practice Exchange 7: HIGHLAND PERTHSHIRE: Community Arts and Community Ownership
* Package includes:
- Return coach transfer from Dalhousie Building, University of Dundee
- Morning and afternoon refreshments
- Facilitated discussion
PLEASE NOTE: DELEGATES MUST BOOK THEIR OWN ACCOMMODATION / DINNER FOR 26 AND 27 JUNE 2019
+ Package includes:
- All coach transfers including return transfer to Dundee City Centre
- Welcome pack
- Facilitated discussion on learning journey
- Accommodation (Friday and Saturday), Dinner (Friday night) at the Fishers Hotel (guests will pay for own drinks which can be charged to your room – you will need to show reception a credit or debit card so that the reception staff. The card number is only taken as security. Guests will be asked to settle their account upon departure. The hotel will only charge to credit/debit card if a guest was to depart without settling the account. Alternatively, you can pay at the time of ordering rather than charging to the room in which case you won’t need to leave card details.
- Lunch on Saturday, Private Dinner at East Hugh House, Private Buffet Lunch at Moulin Inn (guests will pay for own drinks)
- Admission to Blair Athol Distillery for guided tour and whisky tasting on Sunday